Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Week 8- Sharing

It's week 8! Can't believe its been 2 months since we started this training. Time flies when having fun! :)

I have been using scoop.it for a while now for work. I have created 1 topic on scoop.it and its called Aboriginal Links /Liens Autochtones. This topic was created to help staff find relevant and appropriate aboriginal news and websites. Most of the time I am sharing book reviews, positive news stories, what other libraries are doing, French language articles, and news articles about important Aboriginal topics.

I don't share all the links I scoop on Twitter. I am selective of what I share on Twitter because some weeks it would be alot of links. I will share something this week that I scoop.

Here are some scoop.it accounts that I follow:
Auteurs québécois (livres jeunesse)
Librarylinks-liensbiblio (robin's scoop.it)
New Brunswick Literary Times
Bibliothèque et Techno
Bibliolecture

I highly recommend using the "Scoop.it bookmarklet " if you are going to be using Scoop.it alot. It makes "scooping" articles/links easier and quicker.

Added a widget of my Scoop.it account to the right side of this blog after the widget for Goodreads.

Since this week was very easy for me, I decided to challenge myself to do something else. I have figured out how to schedule posts to post themselves. To the right of the screen in the "Post settings" column there is a section called "Schedule" and you can set date and time for the post. So this post should appear tomorrow (march 4th) at 9:46am.  Edit: Note to have this work properly, after you set the published on "date and time" click "publish" rather than "save".




No comments:

Post a Comment