Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Week 1- Starting a Blog

Hey! This is the 1st week of NBPLS staff training called 23 Things. Our first task is to start a blog which we will be using it to keep track of the 23 tech related Things we have to accomplished.

I am very comfortable with technology and social media so I haven't been sure what new things I will be learning. But this morning I realized I forgot what the steps were to setting up a blog. Haven't set up or regularly maintained a blog in a long time. I regularly use tumblr and Scoop.it but those more for reblogging other's post or links. When I think of blogging, I think of original content which I fail horribly at maintaining. :) I promise I will keep this updated each week.

I'm looking forward to the next several weeks of refresh in social media and technology.

Once the caffeine kicks in i'll try to think of more original name for this blog. I used all my creativity on making this blog pretty.

Until next week,

Patricia

PS- Shameless plug for my Scoop.it account- Aboriginal links/ liens autochtones

3 comments:

  1. I hope this will be a good refresher and maybe there will be a couple new Things. If there are any tips and tricks you can share you can post some Extra cool extra things:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We chose your blog at random, Patricia. Very impressed, lovely presentation. We are currently on week 1 and we were wondering how many weeks training before our little blog looks like yours?

    ReplyDelete