Thursday, January 30, 2014

Week 3- Social Reading


I have 2 bibliocommons accounts; Aboriginals_Autochtones and a personal one(which I never use).

One of the things I enjoy the most about our catalogue is that its open to other library systems. We can search and find lists, tags and comments from other libraries using bibliocommons. Thanks to this open platform I have been able to look at other library's lists and reviews of Aboriginal titles. I did notice one funny thing. The account I use for Aboriginal services is called  Aboriginals_Autochtones and Ottawa Public Library uses the account Autochtone_Aboriginal. Great minds think alike?

The 2014 American Indian Youth Literature Awards were announced this week and I have created a list in Bibliocommons of the titles. http://vision.bibliocommons.com/list/show/93527101_aboriginal_autochtones/231010577_2014_american_indian_youth_literature_award


I have a Goodreads account that I use to track what I have been reading and what I want to read. I highly recommend using the app for it because you can scan the book's UPC barcode and the app will add the title to your list.

Until next week!

Edit to say: I've added a Goodreads widget to the blog of the books I have recently read. I think i've gone widget crazy.

1 comment:

  1. Re. the Goodreads app:

    Back in my day, we needed our own hardware barcode readers to do that sort of thing. I still have a CueCat barcode reader at home from when I entered my book collection into Readerware and LibraryThing (the CueCat is shaped like a cat and you scan with the tip of the kitty's nose. Too adorable.)

    -- Hipster Social Reader :-)

    ReplyDelete